This was an interesting day interspersed by 'phone calls and messages, despite the fact that my mobile 'phone reception was almost non-existent. I had lots of calls and messages concerning Newham Infrastructure project issues, and the announcement of my Socitm presidency – so I wasn't able to attend all the sessions I'd have liked to.
The evening, 'though was thoroughly enjoyable. Over dinner there was a quiz with the following rounds:
- Acronyms – several of them were not IT.
- Photos of buildings from around the world – What building, and which city?
- 25 10-second film clips played; identify the film and the year.
- Jelly bean taste recognition – 6 samples – 48 flavours to choose from.
- Naming the title and artist from 10m second music clips. After the clips were played, we were told the competition was actually to complete an anagram from the first letters of the answers.
- Finding headlines in stacks of papers (supplied) and getting them to the compere, wherever he may be.